Me too Kate! Me too! When I was pregnant with Jesse, and was told that he would die after he was born, I had the hardest time getting through it. The only way that I got through that, was with my family, friends, and the gospel. I was thankful for the people that didn't treat us as if we had the plague, and that took a genuine interest in us. That's all that I can suggest, that we keep mom and dad in our prayers, and make quality time with them. We'll all make it together! Big Hugs!
Katie... you enjoy each day you have. When my dad's Alzheimer's got steadily worse, I learned to just live in each day. If it was a day he knew who I was, then I took the opportunity to talk with him, to be with him. If it was a day when he was confused and didn't know who anyone was or where he was, I took that day to help him. I was "that nice stranger girl" that was helping out.
Did I cry sometimes? Yep. Did I ask why this had to happen? Yep. Did I worry about how much he would have to suffer before he was released? Yep. But above everything else, I trusted God. And I trusted my dad... all that he had believed about life being eternal. All that he had taught me about the purpose of life.
Life is eternal. So is love. So is family. Especially YOUR family.
I'm sorry this is happening. It's a hard thing for a daughter to say good-bye to her dad. I love you. Karla
Katie, Just found your blog. I had heard through your family that your Dad didn't have long. I'm so sorry. I so enjoyed catching up with your parents this past summer. They were one of the few people I absolutely had to see while we were there. They are wonderful people. Calleen (Lyman)Petersen
3 comments:
Me too Kate! Me too! When I was pregnant with Jesse, and was told that he would die after he was born, I had the hardest time getting through it. The only way that I got through that, was with my family, friends, and the gospel. I was thankful for the people that didn't treat us as if we had the plague, and that took a genuine interest in us. That's all that I can suggest, that we keep mom and dad in our prayers, and make quality time with them. We'll all make it together! Big Hugs!
Katie... you enjoy each day you have. When my dad's Alzheimer's got steadily worse, I learned to just live in each day. If it was a day he knew who I was, then I took the opportunity to talk with him, to be with him. If it was a day when he was confused and didn't know who anyone was or where he was, I took that day to help him. I was "that nice stranger girl" that was helping out.
Did I cry sometimes? Yep. Did I ask why this had to happen? Yep. Did I worry about how much he would have to suffer before he was released? Yep. But above everything else, I trusted God. And I trusted my dad... all that he had believed about life being eternal. All that he had taught me about the purpose of life.
Life is eternal. So is love. So is family. Especially YOUR family.
I'm sorry this is happening. It's a hard thing for a daughter to say good-bye to her dad. I love you. Karla
Katie,
Just found your blog. I had heard through your family that your Dad didn't have long. I'm so sorry. I so enjoyed catching up with your parents this past summer. They were one of the few people I absolutely had to see while we were there. They are wonderful people.
Calleen (Lyman)Petersen
Post a Comment