Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Goodbye Amuma :(

Jim's grandma, Ruth Solosabal, aka: Amuma (Basque for Grandma) passed away this last week. She was 89 years old. She lived an amazing and full life! She will be greatly missed. We spent the weekend in Glenns Ferry, and attended the funeral on Monday. Riding home from Church on daddy's lap - SUCKING HER THUMB! I know - she's not in her car seat, but that ONLY happens in Glenns Ferry....and maybe Escalante. (Don't turn me in!)
Sitting pretty in the lovely rocking chair in the mothers lounge. I just love those chairs! I wonder how old they are?

Hanging out with dad at Aunt Donna's house



3 comments:

MOLLY said...

that dress is beautiful!!! can you believe how fun it is to dress these little things?! sage reminds me of sailor when her tongue is sticking out a little. thats fun that both of sage's g & g's live in tiny towns. she will be very well rounded.

Rae Jean said...

I'm so sorry about Jim's grandmother. Sounds like she lived a great life though! I love the pics of Sage: sucking her thumb, mother's lounge, and at Aunt Donna's...I did notice the wet shoulder on Jim's shirt! He looks like a real dad with that!!! lol. We've all had that a time or two! Loved your post!

Royce said...

She is SO cute Katie! I hope we can see her some time soon. Maybe this summer.