Thursday, June 4, 2009

Was it my last trip home?? Vacation - Day One

As you have probably all heard - my parents are leaving my beautiful little home town of Escalante, and coming back to the Treasure Valley to live. I never though I would see the day! I dreamed of it, and I prayed for it, but never thought it would happen. I have to admit that I am not as excied about it as I thought I would be. You see.....them moving means that I can't "go home" anymore. I can go to my parents house, but I can't go "home" anymore. Sure, we'll go back to visit, but it won't ever be the same. I remember when we first moved to Utah, I was sure that my life was coming to an end. I had already made the Super Stars dance team for the next year - how could they make me leave. Turns out, it was a wonderful place that offered me many great experiences I would have never had otherwise. I went from just a dancer to: a dancer, cheerleader, volleyball player, basketball player, high-jumper, and many other things I can't think of right now.

Anyway, we figured that we had better make the most of our last trip to Escalante. In all the years that Jim has been going there, he hadn't done much sight seeing, so we packed our days full of it. It was so fun to have Sage with us. She got to do lots of cool stuff, although she will never remember it.

Day One: The weather was not as beautiful as I had hoped. It was kind of overcast and rainy. We decided to venture up to Posey Lake and take our first hike of the trip. The hike isn't very long, but has a beautiful view from the top. We took Sage up in a front carrier....not a good idea. We were glad the hike wasn't very long.


Our happy family!



The look-out. It needs a little work - it's seen better days!





Sage got her diaper changed up there......chilly bum!

Mom and dad waited for us at the bottom. When we got back, we had a quick picnic, and then jumped in the truck to get out of the wind. Desite the weather, it was still a fun time.

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

Katie we totally get what you mean about going "home" We miss southern ut so much. There is guy in my ward that lived in Esclante and we got talking about people we knew.I told him I was realted to the munsons. He asked me if I knew you. His name is Mason Simons, he said he was pretty young when he lived there. But what a small world. Your baby is so beautiful!!