Saturday, November 13, 2010



I was excited about Halloween this year because I knew Sage would be a little more interactive and enjoy a costume a little bit more. I've been feeling crafty and frugal this year, so decided to make her costume. After some surfing the web, and discussing with various people, I decided on a cave girl. And I'm glad I did!

We started out at Savers, looking for some kind of an animal print pillowcase. Found one! and it was only $.99! And....it was Ralph Lauren...LOL! Then we went to Joannes to buy embelishments. For some reason I wanted her costume to have some **bLiNg** so we bought some sequins and beads. I wanted her to have some jewelry that looked somehow like animal teeth, so I found some teeth-looking things in the bead/jewelry making department. Oh, and some felt to make a bone for her hair. Purchases done! Total cost = less than $10.00. I also used some things I already had: beads,a thin piece of rope, and black leggins.

So, the finished costume consisted of: Cave girl dress, neclace, two bracelets, rope belt, shoe covers, beaded felt bone for her hair, a paper mache(sp?) club, and some black leggins.

Oh, and I can't forget to mention that we won "Best Homemade Costume." I was pretty excited about that! Now to start thinking about next year......