Monday, June 23, 2008

Anniversary Dinner!

For our 6th Wedding Anniversary Jim took me to this restraunt (I do NOT know how to spell that word!!) that I have wanted to go to for years. It's a fondue place in Nampa called the Mona Lisa. After years of begging he finally gave in. We probably shouldn't have, it wasn't cheap, but it was so much fun. It took us two hours to get it all down, but that was okay cause we had plenty of time.
Let me tell you what we had.....
~Salads
~Cheese fondue - with bread, vegetables, and fruit to dip
~Meat, meat, and more meat - we got to cook it on this little grill all by ourselves
and then....
The mother of all desserts!!
We both had our own pot of chocolate - Jim had milk chocolate-caramel and I had dark chocolate with almond flavoring. To dip in it we had....cheese cake, brownies, lady fingers, pound cake, macaroons, banana bread, pretzels, marshmellows, strawberries, bananas, and apples.....It seems like I'm forgetting something.
I was so stuffed by the time dessert came that I didn't really enjoy it that much, but you better believe I ate it! It was amazing. I'd like to go back sometime just for dessert!
WOW!!!! What an experience! YUM YUM!
Oh, and then we went to see the Incredible Hulk with our friends. Not my favorite movie in the world, but I guess it was ok.

6 comments:

Rae Jean said...

This sounds like my kind of place to eat!!! How yummy! We will have to try it when we come to Boise this summer. Want to go back??? Time does fly, when you are with someone that you adore! I'm so tickled for you that it has been 6 years. I cannot believe it either! You are an awesome couple! Love you!

Ashlee said...

I want to go there so badly. I've heard those fondu places are awesome. Well, Happy Anniversary!!!

Barney Blah...g said...

Okay, that sounds divine!!! I would like to go just for the dessert, can you do that? Lets do it sometime!

Farm Girl said...

Congrats on 6 years! It does go by in a flash, doesn't it! The Mona Lisa is great, I have yet to talk my husband into going since he considers it "girly food"! I'm up to go just for dessert ANYTIME! :)

bkbishopfamily said...

YIPPEE!! I am so glad that you finally got to partake and enjoy!! I'm up for dessert any time, you know...especially there. congratulations on your anniversary!!!

kim said...

Congrats on your anniversary~
I would love to go to the Mona Lisa, too, but as you know, my honey does not like CHEESE! It soudns like we could do dessert, though! Love ya sis!