February 3rd! Unless, of course, I'm in labor for hours and hours on end and it turns out to be February 4th. We're not even going to consider that option though!
Yes, that means I am being induced.! I honestly thought this little girl would make an early appearance all on her own, but it doesn't appear that it will happen that way now.
The first thing the doctor said when she walked into my exam room today was "let's induce you!" And I said, "OK, today?" ha, ha! So I'm not quite that lucky, but I do still get to go a little bit early. I will be one day shy of 39 weeks.
We're supposed to show up at 8:00 am on Tuesday morning, so please....remember us in your prayers that day.
Now there is so much to do!! Gotta get the house all spiffed up so my Mom doesn't die when she sees it. Buy lots of groceries so my poor husband doesn't starve to death the first week (even though mommy will be here!) Get all the laundry done so we all have clean undies to wear - at least for awhile. And so on, and so forth. The heat is really on now! I guess you know what we'll be doing for the next few days. Oh, but I am working tomorrow. But that will be my last day...Hooray!!
If you've got any great advice for the last few days, let me know. Heavens knows I can use all the advice I can get!!
Here comes baby!!!
5 comments:
I am so excited for you!!! You will love it all, and have such a good time with mom! That is the best part, the TLC from mom! Ask for the chicken noodle soup/potatoes! YUMMY! We will be praying for you!
my advice...get an epideral j/k do what you think is right for you, but those contractions will hit you like a train when you're induced. with sailor i started on the pitocin around one, then got my epideral at three thirty when i was dilated to a three and the rest was smooth sailin. she arrived at 12:55 am. my real advice is to relax and do things that will be harder to do once baby is here. my last few days i was nesting, nesting, nesting! even down to the refrigerator, besides eating everything in it, i cleaned everything! id say enjoy your time alone w hubby, but you've had a lot of that already ;) trust me the baby will only make everything more fun for you two so just be excited and do what comes naturally. we love you and will definitely be thinking about you until we hear the great news!
Pack some food for when you go in. Bart always gets hungry, and I go really fast,too?. But after the baby is born he doesn't want to leave but doesn't love hospital food either. Do you have Lansinoh (sp?) when you start nursing you just have to have it. I've used it faithfully and never had any of the problems I've heard about. We're just so excited for you guys!!! YEA
I hope you have a smooth and fast delivery! I was induced also and it took 13 hours. Long, but not as long as some other women I know. I don't know your thoughts on epidurals, but if you receive one make sure that if it doesn't work to make them to it again. Mine only worked on side of my body and I complained and they just kept giving me more of it, but it only made it so I couldn't move the one side of my body. Then when I couldn't take it anymore, they said I was too far along to redo it. I am so excited for you, There is nothing like hold your child for the first time.
ps that comment that said jules was from me, molly i'm sure you figured that out by now
Post a Comment