Monday, February 4, 2008

Leading By Example!



Mom and Dad sent these pictures to us a few days ago, and I thought they needed to go on the blog. I'm so proud of my parents, and their never ending service to the Lord! This is their third (and dare I say "hopefully their last") mission. This time they are serving at Martins Cove, Wyoming. From the pictures you can see that there is lots of snow, and their reports say that is very cold. The wind blows there lots, so that makes it even colder.
We had the opportunity to go an visit them last summer, and it was a great experience. It's not as fun of a place as Nauvoo was, but there is such a great spirit. In our preparations to go an see them I was able to read up on the area and the things that went on there. I can't believe the things that those great saints sacraficed to get to where they knew they needed to be. As the weather has gotten colder this winter, they have crossed my mind a lot. I often wonder if I could have done what they did, and the answer is always NO! They were truly a special group of people.
So, thanks to those great saints, and to mom and dad for the great examples that they are!

No comments: