Saturday, February 16, 2008

They call me coach.....


This year I had the PLEASURE of coaching our young womens volleyball team. I love to play volleyball, but I have now discovered that I like to coach it even more! I think I get a little too competitive for church ball though.
Our team did very well. We had a good mix of girls. Some play at school, and some had never played. I was a little worried at first, but we improved a little every week, and by the end of the season we were actually setting up the ball up and KILLING it! (Well, sort of :)
We only lost one regular season game so I was sure we would do well in the tournament. However, come tournament day, the first team we played was so hyped up, and so loud and excited, that I think my girls were a little scared. Needless to say, we lost our first game and were out of the tournament. Oh well, that's ok. We had a great season, and LOTS OF FUN!
Way to go 17th Ward Girls!!

1 comment:

Shay and Kira said...

How exciting! I hope to someday coach. I think it would be so fun!