A few times a year we go to Jim's folks place, with most of his family, and help brand the cows. Well, I should say he helps brand the cows, I usually just watch. I have been know to give a few shots, or pull the shoot, but mostly I just hang out and watch everyone else work. I can't ride the horses because I'm allergic to them. I think I'm allergic to the cows too. So I just don't touch any of them. It's just easier that way. So anyway, this last weekend just happened to be a branding weekend. Sage's first branding weekend, and her first nights away from home. I was anxious to see how she would handle it, and I'm sad to say that she didn't do too good. Too many new things, I think. She did ok, nothing terrible, but it wasn't her regular routine, and it has thrown her off quite a bit. She was quite a little stinker for her dad yesterday. I think he was wanting to quit his "daddy day care" job by the time i got home. It's funny how soon these little babies can get in a routine and used to their surroundings.
5 comments:
you look so pretty, too good for branding cows. well i guess you didnt brand them, but still. sage looks beautiful too. jim, not so beautiful, but he does look good and happy
What a little cutie that baby is!!! Sorry dad had a hard day. Thanks for the update.
I think that Sage looks like you! She is so cute! Looks like fun home on the farm! I miss days like that...helping people do fun things.
hey ya- i just mean im making my blog private all of the time until i post, then make it un private for a few days. i should probably explain that better. its a weird way to do it, but i 'll have to explain it to you sometime. it was so fun to see you guys. sage is soooo cute. im sure she'll be very smiley after the new born sleepiness goes away and she's more alert cuz she's already smiling at you, i sing to sailor a lot and i smile at her all of the time i think that has helped as sailor has gotten older or maybe she's just that way. who knows. sage is just perfect tho and you look great!
I am glad to see someone else post about torturing cows. When I posted my video of dehorning I felt like such a hick. Sage is so beautiful!!
Post a Comment