Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Hard Day...

Monday was a hard day for me.

First of all, I had to go back to work. It was pretty hard to leave my little girl, but it helped knowing that she was staying home with daddy. They got along pretty well that first day, but the days seem to be getting harder as the week goes on. Hang in there honey! It will get better....I hope :)

Second thing, my daddy started his cancer treatments that same day. That was a sad thing to have to think about all day. I guess it really should be a good thing because it is helping him get better, but it dashed my spirits none the less. I've always thought of my dad as invincible, but sadly enough I have found that to not quite be true as the years go by. He's human just like anyone else. I remember the time he cut off parts of his fingers. You would think he had cut off his whole arm by the way I reacted. Anyway, he is doing fine so far. I know it will be harder for him as the weeks go on, but I know he will have lots of prayers going his way. Plus, he and mom are "living" in sunny St. George (well, actually Hurricane) so that's a bit of a plus, and he is getting to do lots of 4-wheeler riding with his brothers. I know he loves that. Hang in there dad - I love you!.....you too, mom!

3 comments:

Rae Jean said...

Sorry that you are back at work! Good luck on Jim finding a job. I hope that he will have success! So did they miss you at work? I'll bet that they did. My thoughts and prayers have been with mom and dad all week too. You only want the best for your parents! It's a strange feeling, as we watch mom and dad, and Don's parents go through their trials. I'm just thankful that they are all still around! Love you!

Brett, Juliann, and Mae said...

I hope going back to working is getting easier. I still don't like going to school twice a week. Good luck and Sage looks adorable in purple. That is my favorite color to dress Mae in.

Barney Blah...g said...

Hey Kate hope this week is better! I can't imagine leaving a little baby at home but it sure is good you have a job! Love to you! DeEtte