Friday, March 6, 2009

Growing and Sleeping!

Finally.....a few minutes to blog!

Sage had her one month check-up on Tuesday, and it went great. She is gaining weight like a champ - up to 9 lbs 6 oz. I was so happy given her previous history of losing, losing, and losing some more. The doctor said she is doing great, and is just perfect. (We already knew that, of course :) He said to stop waking her up to feed her, and I was very glad to hear that! So....the first night she only made it 4 hours, but the last two nights she has made it 7 hours!! Yeah for Sage, and yeah for mommy's sleep.

I am getting ready to go back to work - only one more week at home with her and daddy! She's going to have the best babysitter possible though - her dad! Unfortunately, he was laid off from his job last week, so he'll be hanging around here until he finds another job, or gets our side business going enough to allow him (and then me) to stay home full time.

Sage went to her first high school basketball game last night. She did great. The loud noises and cheering didn't bother her a bit, and she stayed awake for the entire second half. Congratulations to the Glenns Ferry High School basketball team on their win. (Jim's nephew, Justin Solosabal, plays on the team.) We're going back for another game tonight. Hope she does as well.

I can't believe she is already a month old. The time has gone by so fast. She is such a good girl, and we are so thankful for her. We love you, Sage!

3 comments:

MOLLY said...

sailor is just barely sleeping 7 hours at a time besides a few random times when she was brand new so yahoo for you!!! dallas and jessica have that good fortune too. lucky ducks. sounds like you are all doing great! miss ya

Jules said...

Love the baby, love the blog page...you look great too Katie!!

Rae Jean said...

So sorry to read that your time at home is ending, and that Jim lost his job. Dang this economy! I hope that he can find another one. I hope that Sage will be good for her daddy! I can just see him handing her off to you when you walk in the door, and him taking off for a break. One thing is for sure, he will appreciate all that is needed to raise a child! Our thoughts and prayers are with you!