Monday, September 15, 2008

California Adventure Begins - Days 1 & 2

About a month ago, Jim and I decided we should take one last vacation before "just the two of us" became "the three of us." So, we decided to take a vacation somewhere we had never been. It had to be somewhere we could drive, and some place where we could stay in our Trendwest resorts. We decided on Northern-ish California.
I didn't really care where we went, I was just excited to get away from work, and just be able to relax!
Day 1 - Saturday
We left Nampa around....11:30 I think it was. Not a real early start, but we were only planning on getting to Reno which we thought would take about 8 hours. It only took about 6 hours, and since most all of the motel rooms were booked up due to some big Air Race event, we kept going and ended up in Auburn, CA. Nice little place I guess.
Day 2 - Sunday
We couldn't check into our resort until 4:00 pm, so we were in no hurry to get up and on our way. We had a lovely breakfast at Denny's, and then headed out at about 10:00. We had quite the drive, twisting and turning, up and down over a some big mountains and through a gazillion vineyards. Who knew there was that many grapes in the world, let alone just in one little part of California.
We got to our resort in Windsor at about 2:30 and asked if we could check in early. Yes, they said. Great, we THOUGH! When I opened the door to "our" room, there was already someone there. That made Jim really mad! (Imagine that!) So we wait about 45 minutes until we could get into our actual room. Which, may I say, has a lovely view of the pool area. We just took it easy for the rest of the night, barbequed steaks, and enjoyed the cable TV!!!

No comments: